Silage bacteria Lactobacillus plantarum E-98 NCIMB 30236
Lactobacillus plantarum E-98 NCIMB 30236 has been isolated and developed in Bio-Competence Centre of Healthy Dairy Products LLC (BioCC) in the cooperation of industrial partner STARTER ST LLC.
Lactobacillus plantarum E-98 NCIMB 30236 has passed the panel of experts of the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA Panel on Additives and Products or Substances used in Animal Feed) and has been confirmed as a silage additive with established characteristics.
Lactobacillus plantarum E-98 NCIMB 30236 has been registered as a silage additive in the European Union register of Feed Additives and which has been issued by commission implementing regulation (EU) No 1111/2011 (Official Journal of the European Union L 287/30).
Functional properties of Lactobacillus plantarum E-98 NCIMB 30236
- Accelerates fermentation and ensures a fast and stable pH decrease in silage which minimizes dry matter losses;
- is unique because it is able to work under limited sugar conditions. This means that no enzymes are needed because Lactobacillus plantarum E-98 NCIMB 30236 can use fructane (FOS –Fructooligosaccharides), which normally occurs in forages, as a sugar source.
- ensures that fermentation process proceeds in an ideal direction. It is important that the lactic acid bacteria to be added have characteristics that improve fermentation (European Commission authorization);
- minimizes the loss of nutrients in fermentation, by preventing the activity of the microorganisms that cause spoilage of the silage. The nutrients are preserved in the silage and contribute to better nutrition and milk production of the cows.
- Gold medal in the field of biotechnology in KIWIE 2013 (Korea International Women Inventions Exposition);
- special recognition on 4th Bi-Annual International European Women Inventors & Innovators Network Exhibition, Conference & Award Ceremony.
Bio-Competence Centre of Healthy Dairy Products LLC has granted license of Lactobacillus plantarum E-98 NCIMB 30236 to STARTER ST LLC for using in the silage additive NordSil®.
Silage additive NordSil® got the DLG-Quality award in 2013 by German Agricultural Society (Deutsche Landwirtschafts-Gesellschaft – DLG e.V) in silage additive category 1b. It means the improving of fermenting the feeds that are moderately-difficult to easy to ensile in the lower dry matter range.