Lactobacillus plantarum TENSIA®
Lactic acid bacteria culture for food and food supplements.
- Supplying the human body with Lactobacillus plantarum strain TENSIA®, which enhances the body’s natural resistance to enteropathogens.
- In food products plantarum TENSIA reduces the risk of foodborne infections by suppressing potentially pathogenic bacteria due to antimicrobial activity against enteric pathogens like listeria, salmonella and shigella, and psychrophilic microbes.
- Increases the number of useful lactobacilli in the gut, which ensures breakdown of the nutrients into more easily absorbable compounds.
“Isolated microorganism strain Lactobacillus plantarum TENSIA DSM 21380 as antimicrobial and antihypertensive probiotic, food product and composition comprising said microorganism and use of said microorganism for preparation of antihypertensive medicine and method for suppressing pathogens and non-starter lactobacilli in food product.”
Lactobacillus plantarum TENSIA® tolerates technological processing well and copes well with different stressors. The strain withstands the manufacturing process of food, is able to multiply at relatively low (+12oC) and high (+45oC) temperatures and in a carbohydrate-scarce medium. TENSIA® is able to survive at 55oC.
BioCC has developed concepts for the creation of TENSA®-containing food products and food supplements.
Culture is usable in a range of foods (cheese, spreadable cheese, yoghurt etc.) and food supplements.
TENSIA® is used in:
- Harmony® (cheese) containing probiotic strain L.plantarum TENSIA® was created in cooperation between the BioCC and the E-Piim production Ltd.
- Food supplement Heart Friendly® TENSIA®
Producer: BioCC LLC
Riia 181A, Tartu, 51014, Estonia